Gripset BRW Swell Seal is Hydrophilic Butyl Rubber Waterstop that swells to form a water-tight compression seal. Designed for static or low movement construction joints, cold joints and penetrations.
● Concrete foundations and walls
● Concrete slabs, including elevated ramps
● Lift pits
● Precast construction
● Pools, tanks, water containing structures.
● Tunnels, pipes and underground vaults
● Marine environments
● General shotcrete and pile applications
Can be installed directly onto the concrete surface or to a formed channel in the concrete.
Optimum results achieved applying Swell Seal onto even smooth surfaces. Undulating surfaces may slow the application.
Ensure a 50mm cover from the edge of the concrete to the face of the Swell Seal to prevent any concrete blow-outs.
Swell Seal should be positioned between two rows of reinforcing steel to assist to support optimum product placement.
● Joint surfaces to be free of loose dirt, dust and debris.
● Place Swell Seal in position, and remove release backing from the adhesive side in small sections.
● Apply moderate hand pressure to press a continuous roll of Swell Seal firmly onto the surface.
● Ends are to be butt-joined or kneaded together to form a continuous water tight seal.
● Check adhesion of the Swell Seal strip is correctly and fully adhered to surfaces.
● Gripset 11Y can be applied as a surface adhesion enhancer on surfaces where bonding may be compromised. Apply Gripset 11Y to surface, allow to tack off then place Swell Seal onto the primed areas.
● For extremely rough surfaces, fill voids first and then use Gripset SB to adhere the Swell Seal.
● Placement of concrete can commence once Swell Seal is correctly bonded to surfaces. Care must be taken to ensure the Swell Seal is not dislodged during the concrete application.
Be the first to submit a review.